Latest posts by Jenni Metcalfe (see all)
- Pacific fisheries officials plan for sustainable and profitable longline fisheries - 9 November 2018
- Pacific countries congratulate OFMP2 on progress & support extension to 2020 - 1 November 2018
- Tuna stock assessment training workshops in Noumea - 24 May 2018
The participants at this week’s tuna stock assessment workshops held at the Pacific Community (SPC) offices in Noumea, New Caledonia.
The Oceanic Fisheries Management Project works with SPC to deliver annual stock-assessment training workshops.
The workshops, which have been run since 2006, aim to increase regional fisheries officers’ ability to:
- understand and interpret the results from the regional oceanic fisheries’ stock assessments
- communicate this information to fishery managers within their countries
- increase their confidence to participate in scientific discussions of the WCPFC – in particular, during meetings of its Scientific Committee.